You get both PDF and DOC of Environment notes with this purchase
Environment (2019) Sample Files
- Environment (2019) PDF Sample File (1.4 MB)
- Environment (2019) PDF Print Friendly Sample File (1.5 MB)
- Environment related Current Affairs May 2019 (1.2 MB)
This is how the downloads page looks like as of 31-05-2019:
- Downloads, updates, current affairs etc. are accessible on https://store.pmfias.com/downloads for up to ONE / TWO Years (as per your choice) from the date of purchase.
Free (www.pmfias.com) vs. Paid (store.pmfias.com)
|Free (content on www.pmfias.com)||Paid (PDF and DOC on store.pmfias.com)|
|―||All notes will be available for download in PDF and DOC/MS Word formats|
|―||PDFs will be formatted and optimized for Desktop/Laptop/Tablet and Mobile reading|
|―||Separate Print Friendly PDFs for printing purpose|
|―||Subject related current affairs and contemporary issues are provided on a weekly basis from May 2019|
|―||Subject related model questions for prelims and mains and other value-added material|
|―||Subject related additional topics as per user request|
How to approach these notes?
- You must first analyse the previous years’ prelims and mains papers to understand the pattern and nature of questions asked from Environment related concepts in Prelims, GS1 (Environmental Geography which is a part of Physical Geography), GS3 (Pollution, conservation etc.) and Geography Optional (Biogeography and Environmental Geography — applies only for Optional Students).
- Use DOC file to make short notes for quick revision for both Prelims and Mains. This way you can save a lot of time.
- UPSC is focusing mostly on pollution, climate change and conservation related concepts for mains. A lot of questions in GS1 mains (Geography part) are based on Environment related concepts. So, basic knowledge of Environment is very important to answer relevant questions from GS1 and GS3.
- Dynamic part (current affairs – contemporary issues) is playing a major role these days. But current affairs knowledge doesn’t make much sense without in-depth knowledge of basics.
Is this notes useful for GS1 and Geography Optional?
- Biogeography and Environmental Geography (Geography Optional Syllabus) are two major topics from physical geography.
- GS1 Environment related syllabus: geographical features and their location- changes in critical geographical features (including water bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes. [In simple words: climate change and its impact on geographical features and biodiversity]