Are these notes useful for UPSC 2020 & 2021 Cycles?
- Yes, absolutely, these notes are useful for UPSC 2020 cycle and beyond.
- The notes cover both the static part and the dynamic part of the syllabus.
- The static part is ready and can be downloaded anytime.
- The dynamic part (current affairs and contemporary issues) are being uploaded on a weekly basis since May 2019. You can download them as and when they are uploaded.
Will these notes be updated again in 2020?
- There are two aspects to these notes
- the static part which doesn’t change much with time, and
- the dynamic part (current affairs and contemporary issues) that needs to be constantly updated.
- The static notes are fully revised and updated in April 2019. Hence, they don’t need to be revised or updated for UPSC 2020 cycle.
- The dynamic part (current affairs and contemporary issues) is already being covered on a weekly basis. Updation of the dynamic part is a continuous process.
- Any content in the static notes that requires some changes or additions will be added to the current affairs files.
If I purchase today, what all am I going to get?
If you purchase today, you will be getting
- PDF and DOC files of Environment GS Static Notes +
- PDF and DOC files of Environment related Current Affairs and Contemporary Issues from May 2019.
What is the difference between 'Download Validity = 1 Year' & 'Download Validity = 2 Years'?
- If you purchase the notes with “Download Validity = 1 Year,” on 01/01/2019, then you will be able to download the static files, updates (if any) & current affairs files till 01/01/2020.
- If you purchase the notes with “Download Validity = 2 Years,” on 01/01/2019, then you will be able to download the static files, updates (if any) & current affairs files till 01/01/2021.
- Choose whichever is appropriate for you.
- You can choose the downloads validity period (ONE / TWO Years) on the checkout page.
Free (www.pmfias.com) vs. Paid (store.pmfias.com)
|Free||Paid (PDF & DOC on store.pmfias.com)|
|2019 Edition||2019 Edition|
|―||Download notes in PDF and DOC files|
|―||PDFs are formatted for Desktop/Tablet & Mobile reading|
|―||Separate Print-Friendly PDFs for printing purpose|
|―||Related current affairs & contemporary issues|
|―||Related model questions for prelims & mains|
Topics, Contents & Sample Files
- Environment PDF Sample File (1.4 MB)
- Environment PDF Print Friendly Sample File (1.5 MB)
- Environment related Current Affairs May 2019 (1 MB)
- Environment related Current Affairs August 2019 (1 MB)
|Environment Topics||1 Column Text||2 Column Text|
Can I rely entirely on these notes for GS?
- Yes, these notes cover quite comprehensively both the static as well as the dynamic aspects (contemporary issues and current affairs) of the syllabus that is required for GS.
- Everything is explained in good detail and you don’t need to go net-digging to clear your doubts.
- Going for multiple sources will only kill your time and energy (there are many other subjects to be covered, you see! You simply can’t afford to spend months on a single subject unless you want to do a PhD!). Just stick to these notes and do a lot of revision and practise.
Can I skip NCERTs?
- NCERTs are important for a reason that UPSC lifts some lines (verbatim) as it is from NCERTs while framing prelims and mains questions.
- NCERTs are already covered in our notes. You need not cover them separately.
- Instead, you can focus on Our Notes + a Good Test Series (All the test series cover every nook and corner of NCERTs).
Can I skip Shankar IAS Environment Book?
- Shankar IAS Environment Book is unnecessarily bulky and will cost you a lot of time and energy.
- On the other hand, PMF IAS Environment Notes is to the point and will relieve you of a lot of avoidable headaches (You will thank me later!).
- Complete our notes and you will notice the difference.
How can I download the files after the payment?
- Once the payment is done, you can download the files by logging in to https://store.pmfias.com/downloads.
- The login details will be sent to the email address that you provide during checkout.
This is how the downloads page looks like as of 10-09-2019:
- 1 Column Text ==> Good for reading on Laptop/Mobile/Tablet (Screenshot)
- 2 Column Text ==> Good for taking Printout (Screenshot)
How long can I access the downloads?
How to approach these notes and the subject?
- Analyse the past 5-6 years’ UPSC CSE Prelims and Mains question papers to understand the pattern and nature of questions asked from Environment. (Download Solved Environment Prelims Questions from 2011 to 2018)
- First Reading: Just cover the first few paragraphs (mostly the introduction part) of each topic to get a broader understanding of the scheme of things.
- Reanalyse the past 5-6 years’ UPSC CSE Prelims and Mains question papers.
- Second Reading: Cover the notes thoroughly. Environment static notes is a lot less complicated than geography and you can complete the entire environment static notes in a relatively short span of time.
- Environment questions in prelims and mains are predominately based on contemporary issues and current affairs. You must cover the current affairs files extensively.
- Take a good test series for both Prelims and Mains to identify your strengths and weakness.
- Revise, practise test series and chart your own plan based on your strengths and weaknesses.
How to identify focus and non-focus areas?
- I have already highlighted important facts, terms and sentences in bolded letters and in blue and red colours in the notes.
- To identify individual focus areas you need to analyse the past 5-6 years’ UPSC CSE Prelims and Mains question papers.
Is it necessary to make my own notes?
- Not necessary, in my opinion.
- Just use the DOC files (MS Word files) to make short notes for quick revision for both Prelims and Mains. This way you can save a lot of time.
Are these notes useful for Geography Optional?
- Biogeography and Environmental Geography are two major topics from Geography Optional Syllabus (physical geography).