You get both PDF and DOC of Environment notes with this purchase
- 300 pages
- 200 page equivalent of a standard book
- File Size = 7 MB
- 500 pages [Content is same in both PDF & DOC. Difference in number of pages is due to formatting style]
- File size = 8 MB
How to approach this notes?
- You must first analyse the previous years’ prelims and mains papers to understand the pattern and nature of questions asked from Environment related concepts in Prelims, GS1 (Environmental Geography which is a part of Physical Geography), GS3 (Pollution, conservation etc.) and Geography Optional (Biogeography and Environmental Geography — applies only for Optional Students).
- Use DOC file to make short notes for quick revision for both Prelims and Mains. This way you can save a lot of time.
- UPSC is focusing mostly on pollution, climate change and conservation related concepts for mains. Lot of questions in GS1 mains (Geography part) are based on Environment related concepts. So, basic knowledge in Environment is very important to answer significant number of questions from GS1 and GS3.
- Dynamic part (current affairs – contemporary issues) is playing a major role these days. But current affairs knowledge doesn’t make much sense without in-depth knowledge of basics.
Is this notes useful for GS1 and Geography Optional?
- Biogeography and Environmental Geography (Geography Optional Syllabus) are two major topics from physical geography.
- GS1 Environment related syllabus: geographical features and their location- changes in critical geographical features (including water bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes. [In simple words: climate change and its impact on geographical features and biodiversity]
You can find all the Environment Posts Here