New Editions (March 2019): Revised and Updated as of Today on PMF STORE
- 24/01/2019: Geomorphology uploaded on PMF STORE.
- 22/02/2019: Climatology uploaded on PMF STORE.
- 26/02/2019: Oceanography uploaded on PMF STORE.
- 30/03/2019: Indian Geography uploaded on PMF STORE.
Yet to be updated
- Human Geography for GS (not important for prelims and no theory questions are asked in mains. Most of the questions are based on Current affairs and Contemporary Issues), Mineral Distribution (Economic Geography) and Industrial Locational Factors (Economic Geography) are planned to be uploaded by the end of June.
This is how the downloads page looks like as of 31-05-2019:
All the downloads, updates, current affairs etc. are accessible on https://store.pmfias.com/downloads for up to ONE Year from the date of purchase.
Free (www.pmfias.com) vs. Paid (store.pmfias.com)
|Free (content on www.pmfias.com)||Paid (PDF and DOC on store.pmfias.com)|
|―||All notes will be available for download in PDF and DOC/MS Word formats|
|―||PDFs will be formatted and optimized for Desktop/Laptop/Tablet and Mobile reading|
|―||Separate Print Friendly PDFs for printing purpose|
|―||Subject related current affairs and contemporary issues are provided on a weekly basis from May 2019|
|―||Subject related model questions for prelims and mains and other value-added material|
|―||Subject related additional topics as per user request|
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I rely entirely on your notes for GS?
- Yes, from the static perspective you can. But the UPSC in recent times has prioritised contemporary issues and current affairs (can’t say if the trend will remain the same, don’t take chances). So, to better your chances, you have to cover my notes and complement it with the current affairs diligently (we are covering current affairs on a Weekly basis from May 2019).
How long can I access the downloads?
- All the downloads, updates, current affairs etc. are accessible on https://store.pmfias.com/downloads for up to ONE Year from the date of purchase.
How to approach these notes?
- You must first analyse the previous years’ prelims and mains papers to understand the pattern and nature of questions asked from Geography.
- Use DOC file to make short notes for quick revision for both Prelims and Mains. This way you can save a lot of time.
- UPSC is changing the nature of the questions from year to year. There is no fixed rule. Future question papers can have predominantly Static or Dynamic knowledge-based questions or a mix of both. Don’t take chances, cover both.
- You must also focus on Environment related concepts like pollution, climate change, etc. from our Environment notes.
Are these notes useful for Geography Optional?
- Yes, it can be quite useful for creating a good base for Geography Optional. Basics are the key to quickly grasp Physical Geography concepts.
Write to us if you have any questions.